This Is Me:

The Official blog of Rotten Sandwich co-founder Dan Lam, his drawings, doodles, pictures and mindless jabber as you like. This may be the only thing keeping his sanity in check and his mind off of smoking, at least till his fingers leave the keyboard.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mary Higgins Clark + Spring

The other day I got to work on a book trailer for Mary Higgins Clark's new book. The crew and I interviewed her on where she grew up and how she started as a writer. It was interesting to meet her, she's a very driven woman and has a great sense of humor. I pictured her as a woman in her 50s, sort of campy, sort of like those women from 'Designing Women'. I hadn't realized that she would be older and actually quite cool. She talked about her distaste for The Situation and Snookie and how she had made her first million when she was still in college. Although I still don't like her writing, I think I've come to appreciate her as a person.

I miss warmer weather in New York. Found out that one of my friends is moving to L.A. I'm jealous that she'll be in nicer climates before it will come to me. Plus, it's going to be a little sad and boring here in the city without her. She's been fun to hang out with. I guess New York will just be a little colder longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment