This Is Me:

The Official blog of Rotten Sandwich co-founder Dan Lam, his drawings, doodles, pictures and mindless jabber as you like. This may be the only thing keeping his sanity in check and his mind off of smoking, at least till his fingers leave the keyboard.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Treatments

Yesterday was spent writing treatments and plans for a science fiction comic series currently titled '1894'. It's an epic that will span three books, roughly three hundred pages each. I'm keeping the story and plot under wraps until I get the first few issues penciled. I've been doing research for this story for a month now. I'm trying to get the language down and even history.

I'll probably have a script done late August. In the meantime, I'm going to work on designs for the world and characters. I want this to be a sprawling epic comparable to the works of Osama Tezuka, Hayao Miyazaki and HG Wells.

I probably won't have any material out until mid-summer next year. Which is a long time, but considering that I'll be working most of the time and finding a team of artists that can put to together without pay, I expect it to be done on people's invested time. It's a passion project and most passions take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment